Tuesday, July 3, 2012

God and Full Moons

A friend of mine texted me recently and said, "It’s the full moon,” and I responded back, "Oh, that’s why." I was kind of joking. I'm sure that many of us are aware that strange things seem to happen on the days that there are full moons. Just ask the police department or the hospital. It seems that more babies are born on full moon days than on other “normal” days. I have heard that more craziness goes on in mental hospitals too. I'm sure that there are scientific reasons for the phenomenon, but that’s maybe for another blog.

After my friend told me this- I woke up the next morning to the full moon day. I love to get up early around the time of the sunrise, which during the summer is around five-ish. It was one of those mornings that I just thumbed through the Bible and came across Jude 1:20 in the Charles B. William translation.

"But you, dearly beloved, must continue to build yourselves up on the groundwork of your most holy faith and to pray in the Holy Spirit; you must keep yourself in the love of God and continue to wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ."

This verse was a perfect verse for the day. I woke up feeling restless. It felt like something needed to happen that wasn’t happening and I was feeling anxious for it to happen and for it to happen now! So when I read this verse and got to the part, “pray in the Holy Spirit”, I took a deep breath and realized that once again I had to tell myself- If you can't figure out what is going on, pray in the Holy Spirit. So I did and I had this feeling that whatever is going on I knew I was being nudged to pray. A friend texted me and asked how I was doing. She is an intercessor and seems to be on track with me when things are going on. I began to tell her how restless I was feeling and antsy. After that, one of my interns texted me and asked how I was and I told him the same thing. He suggested that I go out and do something. I told him that whatever I did wouldn’t satisfy me and that this was a spirit thing going on. Physical things don’t satisfy a spiritual itch. Then my intercessor friend said, “something is stuck between heaven and earth,” and that statement went boom in my spirit. That was it. Something good was stuck between heaven and earth. Oh my. I then began to pray all the more. I still didn’t get what the thing was that was trying to get here to earth. Doesn’t this remind you of Daniel when he was praying and it took twenty-one days for the answer to come?

I know God loves full moon days. So much happens on those days. In Psalms 81:3 says:

"Blow the trumpet at the new moon, at the full moon, on our feast day."

God decided to make full moons a time where there would be feasting. Did God know that we would need those full moon days to be a festive day? All you feelers out there who wish at times that you could turn off your feeling-self know that God created you to enjoy life at its fullest. You are a special gift to the body of Christ to release heaven to earth on those days that would make you feel anxious and want to run. Those are the best days for you to press into God. Those are the days that just maybe things are stuck between heaven and earth and God is nudging you- like He nudged me. It’s the best life ever to know that God wants to use you and me and we can bring heaven to earth.

17 comments:

  1. Thank you! I will never see restlessness in quite the same way ...Haha!! Wow ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good! I love full moons! I have noticed that some of my more intense encounters tend to happen during that cycle of the moon phase! Lotta glory on the night season at that time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to do what you mentioned in your early CD, "The Eyes of Prayer," and blow the trumpet at the full moon & new moon. I don't actually have a shofar or go to a church that does, but I get my laptop cued up to the YouTube of Lou Engle & The Call from 7/7/7, and play those shofar blasts!

    And tonight, I was at Calvary Pentecostal Campground in Ashland, VA with Mahesh Chavda! The full moon was at 8:51 here tonight, and we had ALL KINDS of wonderful, amazing shofar blowing!

    So I hope we helped "unstick" things!

    love you! Thanks!
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You Beni! Your post helped explain what I had been feeling the past few days. I defiantly wanted to run from what I was feeling but soon realized that trying to run from myself would not work because I would just follow. :-) I have been praying in the unstuck and that things would move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this post..I am very much a 'feeler' and can so identify that feeling of having to 'do ' something, but what? I am learning to look outside of my own little self,and ask what is really going on. This is so helpful...I recently read about liminality...that space when you are between what was, and what is to be, and can also make one feel discombobulated! but its pressing through into the breakthrough!...this sort of ties in with that. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After my first Sozo Session with Faith B. back in December, I have been awakened to the fact that I, too, am a feeler! All my life, I believed that when I felt depression, confusion, anxiety, self hatred, it was expressing my heart and who I am. Now, after feeling anything less than free, I ask those around me if they, too, are feeling something, and 9 times out of 10, they are dealing with a heaviness and we are able to pray and break things off. It's been interesting to see Father open up Evangelistic doors through this trait.

    I still struggle, though, especially in the realms of disassociating myself from whatever it is i'm feeling that's not from the Lord. Reading this has encouraged me greatly.. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also thank you for this post, Beni. Great word. I'm in Kentucky and have been feeling it too the past several days. But I also know something shifted here yesterday after pushing in prayer. He's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha. That's actually why they coined the term 'lunacy' originally. Because of all the strange behaviour around this time of the month...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for these words...you nailed it.

    Thank you for being a Mother to so many and a forerunner in our time...

    Blessings from Bemidji, MN

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great perspective! It is very useful, too, as my family and I have just been living our lives around the lunar cycles and the intensely worsening symptoms of our disease that occurs particularly during the full moon, but also the new moon. We are recovering from Lyme disease and several other tick-borne co-infections. These include parasites and parasite-like organisms that have their life cycles tied to the lunar cycle. During the peak periods of reproduction for these organisms, our health is dramatically affected. There is some science behind the craziness linked to the lunar cycle, and i believe it's usually parasite related. Parasites can impact our brains in very powerful ways. But as you know, God is above all things! Perhaps that is one reason why He tells us to blow our trumpets during the full and new moon! We can rejoice, for He is with us in all things! As we're mostly better, it's been difficult to separate a sense of dread from the pending full moon. I will rejoice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved reading this! I like this point of view on the full moon and prayer! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great scripture! I use to think only of bad things that happen on full-moon days, but they are the LORD'S Day. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and elimination of diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome lifestyle Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and overall well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I was diagnosed with diabetes .It was at work and  feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a cyclometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescriptions like: Insulin ,Sulfonamides,Thiazolidinediones but Could not get the cure rather to reduce the pain but bring back the pain again. i found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr Akhigbe cure her HIV  and I also contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from diabetes by doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drrealakhigbe@gmail.com   or his Number   +234 802  501 2866   He also use his herbal herbs to diseases like:SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, GOUT, PROGENITOR, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION,  DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , TUMOR, HEART HEALTH, MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE. HEARING  LOSSDr Akhigbe is a good man and he heal anybody that comes to him. here is email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    and his Number +2348025012866

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to share with you all on how Dr Itua saves my life with his powerful Herbal medicines, I was diagnosed of Oral/Ovarian Cancer which i suffered from for 5 years with no positive treatment until when My son came to me in the hospital when i was laying down on my dying bed waiting for god to call out my name to join him in heaven.
    My son was so excited that very day he came across Dr Itua on Blogspot, we decided to give him a try although we Americans are so scared to trust Africans but i really have no choice that time to choose life in between so we gave a try to Dr Itua Herbal medicines, god willing he was a good man with a god gift. Dr Itua sent us herbal medicine. It was three bottles. I took it for three weeks as an instructor and these herbal medicines heal me, cure my Oral/Ovarian Cancer completely. I have been living for 9 months now with a healthy life with no more symptoms.
    I'm sponsoring Dr Itua in LA Advert on Cancer patent seminar which my son will be participating too and other patent Dr Itua has cured from all kind of human disease, also if you are sick from disease like,Epilepsy,Breast Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Brain cancer,Hiv,. Vaginal cancer,Herpes,Colon-Rectal Cancer,Chronic Disease.Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity,Multiple myeloma,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,
    Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,,Bladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Cervical Cancer,Oral cancer,Hepatitis,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Pancreatic Cancer, Stomach cancer
    Testicular cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis,Vulvar cancer,Ovarian cancer,,Sinus cancer, Here Is The Wonderful Healer Contact. Name_ Doctor Itua, Email Contact: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete